TUESDAY POWER REVIVAL SERVICE
Topic: POWER TO OVERCOME HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES
Text: Matt. 10:36
Date: 9th of January 2018
A Foe means an enemy. Household enemies are very dangerous. If the right actions are not taken against them, they can cause havoc in one’s family.
Examples of Household Enemies
1. Our first example is taking from the book of 2 Samuel 15 vs 1 – 12. Absalom, the son of David conspired against his father and pushed him out of the throne
2. Another example of an Household enemy is Haman in the book of Esther chapter 3 vs 1 – 5. Haman planned against the people of Esther (the Queen) and plotted to kill Mordecai.
HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES YOU MUST BEWARE OF ARE:
1. Family Idols: Powers that want you to worship them.
2. Ancestral Powers: Powers that the fathers of old served.
3. Polygamy: When a man marries more than one wife, he is exposed to dangers of wicked forces and gods from the wive’s background. This was the case of Solomon in the Bible who married 700 wives and 300 concubines, ended up submitting himself to other gods because his wives came into his house with their strange gods.
4. Evil Covenants and Curses: These are covenants that one’s father made on his or her behalf and this covenant begins to affect that person’s destiny.
CONSEQUENCES OF HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES
B. Rise and Fall
C. Marital Challenges
SOLUTION TO HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES
A. The Word
i. Psa. 107:20: The Word of God counters every evil word that was spoken in the days of old before evil shrines and deities.
ii. Isa. 49:24-26: Even when someone is a lawful captive, the Lord can still deliver him.
The Word of God is a powerful force that can wipe out every household enemies in one’s family.
I decree in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ that you are totally free from all evil attacks of household enemies in Jesus Name. Amen.